I'm currently recruiting a Regional Lead (VP) - Front Office Risk & Controls position for an international bank in Hong Kong. This role forms part of the first line of defence for the global markets front office business, and is responsible for overseeing an effective control framework. This is a great chance to work in a high profile and growing area of the bank, as they look to build out the first line of defence.
* Carry out risk and control reviews across global markets, research and banking businesses, to challenge the control design and effectiveness
* Build relationships with front office management to ensure their understanding of key risks and controls
* Challenge outputs from the risk and control self-assessments (RCSA) and ensure that all follow up actions are correctly implemented
* Delivering controls testing reviews across the business and reporting results
* Work closely with operational risk, compliance and similar second line of defence functions
* Act as lead representative for Greater China on front office controls, contributing to control forums and committees on a regular basis
* Lead regulatory reviews and inspections
* Undergraduate degree with ACA or equivalent preferred
* 8+ years' experience in audit, operational risk or control related roles within investment banking environment
* Experience of working with front office and markets (trading) products
* Excellent understanding of risk and control assessment and risk frameworks
* Excellent communication skills in English & Chinese
For a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities, please contact David Richardson on +852 2973 6333 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.