Exceptional role for a US-qualified lawyer to work in the London-based legal team of a global online platform, focusing on consumer affairs issues.
Our client is one of the world's most well-known e-commerce websites, and their treatment of the consumer is paramount to the value of its brand. To further facilitate this and shape their relationship with consumers and regulators, they are looking to appoint a Vice President, Consumer Affairs.
As a US-qualified lawyer with extensive experience working in North Amercia, you will be the legal lead on consumer legal affairs for North America, incorporating legal best practices into their consumer facing products and services. You will advise the business on legal matters directly affecting the customer experience and be part of be a wider professional, dynamic, friendly, and experienced global legal team.
Visa sponsorship will be considered for candidates demonstrating the requisite skill set.
About the Role
Your responsibilities will include;
- Advising on legal best practices in relation to local, state, and federal consumer laws and regulatory and legal compliance.
- Working closely with multiple internal stakeholders, including the Government Affairs, and Communications teams.
- Developing, refining and advising the business on all terms and conditions
- Advising in relation to communications with the consumer.
- Working alongside the litigation team in relation to consumer-related claims.
- Proactively monitoring and assessing new laws and regulations, including consumer laws.
- Effectively and efficiently managing relationships with outside counsel.
To be considered for this position, you must;
- Be a US-qualified lawyer with ideally 8 years of experience either at a law firm or in-house.
- Have experience in dealing with state and federal regulators, such as Attorneys General and the Federal Trade Commission.
- Have an understanding of the Americans with Disabilities Act, in particular Title III.
- Have sound business judgment, and flexibility/adaptability to manage multiple wide-ranging consumer- facing matters, conflicting deadlines, new areas of the law, and dynamically changing business needs.
- Have demonstrated ability and commitment to work both independently and collaboratively with numerous people at all levels throughout the company.
This is an incredible opportunity with a progressive, dynamic and forward thinking organisation, with exceptional legal leadership and a brilliant and collaborative team culture.
For a full position description and to confidentially discuss this exciting opportunity further, please contact Sarah Ingwersen.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.