A leading Bank is looking to appoint a Trade Finance Lawyer in London. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a collegiate legal team, whilst making a valuable contribution to the successful functioning of the organisation.
You'll focus primarily on Trade Finance, which includes bank guarantees and letters of credit, trade lending, documentary collections, avalising and discounting trade instruments, supply chain finance, risk participations and other distribution structures. Some support may also need to be provided in relation to Receivables Finance and Asset Finance products and services. The role will involve:
- Transactional support, to include structuring advice, customer negotiations, bespoke documentation and review of legal opinions;
- Supporting business teams on ad hoc legal matters, including cross border queries and day to day legal issues;
- Providing insightful, commercial, practical advice, tailored to a broad range of stakeholders;
- Advising on customer journeys and customer treatment strategies, and the delivery of services via digital channels;
- Selection, instruction and management of panel law firms and development/maintenance of strong relationships with external lawyers;
- Supporting legal, regulatory and change projects across the team (recent examples have included EU Exit and IBOR);
You will be a qualified Solicitor of England and Wales with at least 1 year PQE. You'll possess significant post qualification banking, finance or trade finance experience gained either in house or a leading private practice firm. A strong commercial awareness together with a customer focused approach is essential, combined with excellent influencing and interpersonal skills together with a pro-active approach as you'll be required to work closely and collaboratively with business partners. You will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, acting with a degree of independence whilst being part of a supportive and collegiate culture.
If the role is of interest, please get in touch!
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.