Our client, a leading firm, is looking to expand its Band 1 Corporate M&A and Capital Markets practice with an Associate. This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a collaborative and high performing environment, advising on the largest and most complex deals in the market.
The Corporate team advises on both Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) and Equity Capital Markets (ECM) deals, and have played a crucial role in the largest and most complex deals in Australia's corporate history. With an emphasis on quality, innovation and timeliness, the team delivers highly successful outcomes for leading companies and financial sponsors in Australia and around the world, including:
- Public M&A (takeovers and schemes)
- Private M&A (business and share sales and acquisitions)
- Equity Capital Markets
- Private Equity
- Head Office & Governance
- Due Diligence
- General Corporate and Commercial
The Corporate team is consistently recognised as among the best in Australia and the Asia region. The team operates nationally and works collaboratively and includes specialist M&A/ECM Partners and Lawyers, supported by Knowledge Management Lawyers, Business Development staff and Practice Assistants.
Range of Work
The range of services provided by this market-leading Corporate team is incredibly varied. You will be involved in public and private M&A, equity capital markets and corporate advisory and governance work. You will have the opportunity to work across all of these practice areas as you develop your career. In addition, you will gain exposure across a broad range of sectors including mining, infrastructure, energy, financial services, health, media, technology and retail.
What you'll bring
- Demonstrated experience from a leading Corporate M&A and Capital Markets practice, ideally from a leading top tier, national or international firm.
- An ability to effectively manage smaller matters and elements of larger matters.
- A willingness to participate in business development activities, such as pitch documents, firm-wide pursuits, article writing, attending industry events and hosting seminars.
- A desire and ability to grow, both as a Corporate lawyer and as a leader.
- A willingness to build an understanding of clients and develop effective working relationships.
- An ability to establish a professional profile and internal networks.
- A willingness to develop others through mentoring and sharing experiences and networks.
In addition to top quality work, excellent remuneration and benefits are on offer.
If you are interested in applying for this position or would like to find out more, please contact me for a confidential discussion.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.taylorroot.com.au
Taylor Root is part of The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD, which is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.