This role is within a centralised University legal team (HEO9 level role).
Reporting into the General Counsel, the role sits within a sizeable legal team with a great culture.
This will initially be a 3-6 month contract, with the possibility to lead to a permanent position in the future.
You are an Australian qualified commercial lawyer who has at least 3 years PQE, gained in-house or in private practice. You are motivated to deliver and enjoy working with multiple stakeholders and a diverse workload.
Depending on the sucessful candidate's experience these may include:
- Draft, negotiate and advise on intellectual property, information technology, property, commercial, research consultancy, employment, international and other contracts
- Provide strategic support to the General Counsel and broader Legal team, including conceptualising, developing and reviewing University policies and procedures
- Provide professional and prompt advice on all legal matters concerning the University, including guidance to the University's Senior Executive and Council, decision-making bodies and staff of the University
- Conduct and manage litigation in which the University is involved to protect its interests
- Brief external counsel as required
- At least 3 years of post-qualification legal experience
- Demonstrated experience in the drafting and advising on commercial contracts/intellectual property/privacy, or otherwise experience in litigation/employment/administrative claims for example equal opportunity claims, regulatory claims, judicial review processes
- Demonstrated record of achievement in higher education or government institutions, corporate or private legal organisations
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to negotiate, motivate, influence and build relationships
- Ability to provide sound, timely and cost -effective legal advice and support
Should you be interested in discussing this position or your in-house ambitions more generally, please get in touch with Annabelle Crowe at Taylor Root. Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 03 8610 8410.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.taylorroot.com.au
Taylor Root is part of the The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD, which is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.