SENIOR LEGAL COUNSEL, TRADE FINANCE, FINTECH, COMPLIANCE, DUBAI
CLIENT: We are working on a unique Dubai based role, for a client who is building upon existing global success. They are seeking a Senior Legal Counsel who will spearhead a new arm of their business, bolstering worldwide operations.
ROLE: You will join as the first lawyer in the company and act as the single point of advice for the business. Whilst Dubai will serve as a hub, the work will be far further reaching and you will regularly deal with other overseas territories and expansion plans. The nature of the work will span a variety of areas, but essentially cover trade financing, technology, compliance and MLRO. Whilst you need not have all of these attributes, core skills of either finance or fintech are essential.
CANDIDATE: There are some key criteria considerations:
- This is a sole counsel position so you will need to be comfortable being the focus of all legal advice for the business.
- Key areas in which you will need to be comfortable in, or willing to get good at are finance, fintech, corporate structuring, compliance and MLRO.
- Personality and drive will be an important factor, you'll need to be driven, innovative and passionate about the business.
- It's essential that you have a forward thinking and disruptive approach to trade, finance, technology and logistics.
- It's likely that you will need the gravitas of around 10-15 PQE.
- The role will be based in Dubai but candidates may relocate from anywhere.
This is a very unusual role, please do get in touch to discuss.
Please note that the jobs advertised here may represent just a selection of all the in-house roles we have running across the Middle East, Turkey and Africa region from our hub office in Dubai. To have a full overview of all the international roles available right now, visit our constantly updated website at www.taylorroot.com
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.