An opportunity has arisen at an exciting renewables start-up founded by two major global companies, having recently secured considerable future funding. Created to invest, develop and operate renewable energy generation and supply power to major users, they have just entered a huge growth phase and are now looking to expand their global legal function.
About the role:
As a Senior Legal Counsel Germany you will report into the Chief Legal Officer who is based in London. The office is in Frankfurt am Main, however there is a high amount of flexibility regarding home office. As a Senior Legal Counsel Germany, you will provide vital legal support to the German businesses commercial operations as they continue to deliver a considerable development pipeline. You may also be involved in operations in The Netherlands. This is an opportunity for a well-rounded energy/infrastructure lawyer ideally with renewables experience. Specific experience in the field of construction and operational aspects (EPC/PPA) is required.
Subject to performance, this role will offer an exciting progression path, with an opportunity to become the Regional General Counsel as the team continues to grow.
- Fully qualified German Lawyer;
- Substantial experience in a reputable law firm or as an in-house counsel in the (Renewable) Energy industry;
- Strong development experience;
- An effective operator, confident in providing prompt and commercially focused advice in a fast-paced and demanding environment;
- Experience in commercial contracts and strong transaction skills;
- Fluency in German and English, Dutch would be an advantage;
The SR Group (Germany) GmbH is acting as an external recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.