Fantastic opportunity for a Senior Legal Counsel to join a FTSE100 Retail/FMCG business in a newly created position within the commercial legal team based in London.
The team are looking for someone with 8PQE+ who has had excellent training and prior in-house experience. You must also be a great relationship builder as you will be working closely with colleagues across different teams and offices globally.
The role will involve working across a broad range of UK and international matters including:
- negotiation, drafting, reviewing and advising on a full range of commercial arrangements (both business-as-usual and more strategic), including purchase agreements for directs and indirects, international distribution agreements, retailer agreements, warehouse and logistics agreements, R&D/IP agreements, agreements for capital projects, IT/software agreements, and marketing agreements (e.g. influencer, sponsorship etc.);
- advising in relation to any disputes/litigation that may arise from time to time;
- advising on promotions and marketing claims;
- advising on IP/trademark strategy and issues (in conjunction with the Associate General Counsel, IP);
- leading support with respect to product recalls and withdrawals and advising on food and other regulatory matters;
- advising on legal issues relating to digital and online/website initiatives; and
- advising on Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) initiatives (in conjunction with the Associate General Counsel, Regulatory & Litigation).
This role is based in Central London with a flexible working policy offering a mix of home and office working.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.