Reporting into the Group Head of Privacy this No2 position within a team of 4 will provide support on the Group Data Protection Programme, including providing legal advice to business and its Affiliates on data protection matters.
- Carrying out data protection monitoring and assurance activities, including partnering with the business to complete Data Protection Impact Assessments, 3rd party risk assurance processes and helping to maintain business records of processing activities.
- Supporting the group through the provision of legal advice on data protection matters, in particular in relation to complex issues.
- Supporting the Group Data Protection Team in managing Data Subject Rights Requests Process, as well as supporting on complex requests and conentious issues.
- Providing support to various stakeholder groups on data protection requirements relating to the groups third party partners, including data protection clauses in contracts.
- Managing data protection incidents which may involve customer or employee personal data.
- Liaising with data protection Regulators, in particular the U.K Information Commissioner
- Maintaining awareness of upcoming data-related legislation, regulations and codes of practice and how they may impact such as GDPR and BREXIT
- Highly commercial data protection lawyer, 5+ PQE, with in-house experience of supporting a Data Protection Programme.
- Excellent technical legal skills in data protection.
- Pro-active and self-motivated individual
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.