Taylor Root has partnered with a global leader in IT services, consulting and business solutions, in their search for a Senior IT Lawyer on a 12 month fixed-term contract, based in West London.
Reporting directly into the Head of Legal for the region, the Senior Lawyer will be responsible for providing legal advice to the management, including strategic initiatives, general business, regulatory and legal compliance matters in the United Kingdom and Ireland. This will include corporate legal activities and timely delivery of legal support. Responsible for handling drafting, review and negotiation of contracts and legal documentation.
- Identify requirements, prepare and negotiate contracts, perform legal due diligence and research, advise management, and ensure on-going compliance with the company's responsibilities for monitoring, reporting and meeting contractual, statutory and legal obligations in customer engagements.
- Provide legal counsel, coordinate and manage other legal activities relating to a variety of business corporate or risk management functions/issues as they arise.
- Review, negotiate, and/or draft business agreements/contracts relating to a wide variety of general business and/or regulatory issues to the best advantage of the company.
- Identify and mitigate risks associated with various business practices and operations.
- Review statutes, regulations and company contracts and provide advice on resolving legal, business and/or regulatory issues.
- Supervise, coordinate or direct projects and/or legal staff as assigned.
- Provide legal review, analysis, and advice to business partners/functional areas as assigned, as well as provide legal review, analysis, and counsel relating to contract negotiation and draft related agreements.
- Provide assistance to and manage the work activities of other legal staff, as may be assigned.
- Provide regular written reports and ad hoc verbal reporting to Head of Legal in relation to own responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Requires a LLB/LLM/J.D (or equivalent degree in the relevant jurisdiction) from an accredited law school and current practising certificate or equivalent.
- Requires at least 8-10 years of professional experience with at least 4-5 years in outsourcing/IT Contracts/License matters providing legal counsel on business issues and contractual issues in the legal field, demonstrating good negotiating and drafting skills.
- Requires strong analytical ability and knowledge of the relevant governing laws.
- Requires project management and time-management skills and the ability to effectively prioritize work activities to accomplish assigned duties under deadline pressure.
- Requires strong interpersonal ability to effectively work with internal business clients, vendors and external clients.
- Requires word processing skills and the ability to perform in a self-sufficient manner with minimal secretarial and administrative support.
The role will commence from January 2019.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.