Our client, a leading global law firm has an opportunity for a Senior Associate level lawyer to join its exceptional Banking & Finance team.
The team has an enviable blue chip client list include leading investment and commercial banks and substantial corporate borrowers, sponsors and issuers. They specialise in complex finance transactions and have extensive knowledge of securitisation, project finance, corporate finance, leveraged and acquisition finance, structured finance, asset finance and leasing, capital markets and real estate finance. The firm is also on the global panels of many financial institutions.
The firm combines the benefits of a leading finance practice with a supportive and collegiate environment. The team is looking to make a long term investment in a strong senior associate who is similarly looking to make a long term career commitment to the global practice. They have a proven track record in developing lawyers and this is an outstanding opportunity for a team-player with strong technical skills and an impressive commercial approach.
Some of the main tasks include:
- Transaction structuring and advice.
- Drafting and reviewing of facility documents, securities and related documents.
- Liaising with clients during the course of transactions.
- Preparing formal legal opinions.
- Participating in business development and networking activities.
It is vital to have:
- 4-8 years' global loans experience gained within a top-tier firm, respected mid-tier firm, or in-house.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Superior drafting ability.
- A commercial approach and an ability to articulate and negotiate effectively.
- Strong attention to detail with well-developed analytical skills.
- The ability to be team-focused, provide leadership and mentoring to the juniors in the team whilst also working independently.
- A proactive, positive and energetic approach with a commitment to providing excellent service, and a desire to interact with the market and build client relationships.
Please apply online or contact Brad Booth on 0427 670 626 for a confidential discussion.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.taylorroot.com.au
Taylor Root is part of The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD, which is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.