The lawyer will carry out any tasks within their level of skill and ability, with the main responsibilities including:
Client and Case Management
* Initial client meetings to advise on approach, merits and pitfalls of their case. Explaining the specific procedure and law in clear terms.
* Client management, including their achievement expectations, concerns and complaint handling. Building a strong solicitor- client relationship.
* Day to day management of the case, short- and long-term strategy and decision making.Explaining this to the client in clear terms as the case progresses.
* Explaining the cost/benefit analysis of cases with clear written and oral advice to clients in this respect, including detailed cost estimate projections.
* Consideration of case expenditure and budget control, costs decisions generally and bill presentation, including letters of explanation as to quantum.
* Drafting legal letters, including take-down letters, cease and desist letters and letters before action.
* Experience of High Court litigation; drafting court papers, including statements of case, witness statements and interim applications.
* Advising the client on settlement parameters within the proceedings.
* Advising on and drafting detailed settlement offers and final orders.
* Enforcement of orders in breach and appeals to higher courts where required.
* Dealing with ancillary matters such as cost assessment.
* Working in collaboration with other legal disciplines within the firm; primarily Family, Civil Litigation and Criminal Defence.
* Supervising assistants, trainees and paralegals in caseload management. Explaining procedure, points of law and decision making to the same.
* Selecting specific counsel, experts and the like in view of the case and it requirements.
* Discussing case direction, law and tactical matters/law with counsel.
* Working closely with other third party advisors, such as cyber security experts, communications advisors and corporate investigation firms.
* Enjoys and is adept at business development, with the ability to build a key referral network.
* Substantial previous legal experience is crucial - primarily in defamation, privacy, harassment and data protection
* Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
* Comfortable with Microsoft Office and generally IT literate.
* Should present well in person and over the telephone.
* Takes the initiative - a pro-active self-manager who can manage their own workload, identify areas for improvement and drive projects forward
The position is full time and permanent.
Location: London (with travel to other UK offices as required)
Holidays: 25 days per annum
Salary and Benefits: Competitive salary and a performance-related bonus scheme. Health and dental insurance; subsidised gym membership.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.