To be considered for this role you must be a UK qualified lawyer, with excellent academics and training and have a commercial mind-set, as this role will be completely non-legal, you will be working alongside the legal team, but focusing on business development for the group.
Business Development is responsible for delivering innovative commercial transactions across our Group's offshore wind power portfolio, with a particular focus on new international markets.
Your key tasks will be to
- support the planning of new market entries by providing commercial input for preliminary strategic discussions
- evaluate business opportunities and recommend the most attractive structure and execution approach
- lead term sheet negotiations with third parties to frame key transaction principles and structure
- work with legal counsel to lead the commercial negotiation of Joint Venture Agreements, Sale and Purchase Agreements, Service Agreements, etc.
- secure transaction mandates by leading the preparation of materials for the Group's executive decision-making bodies, including the Investment Committee
- collaborate with internal departments to assess and structure opportunities, execute transactions and ensure alignment across the involved departments.
In addition, you'll build relationships with internal stakeholders (including technical specialists and Group Functions such as Legal, Treasury and Tax) to ensure alignment with Business Development's objectives, and you'll represent the Group in meetings with external stakeholders and potential partners.
Your competences include that you
- have experience from a senior associate-level position (or equivalent) in a law firm, management consultancy or financial institution, or from a senior commercial role in a large corporation
- have a track record of leading complex multi-jurisdictional transactions, ideally in the infrastructure and/or energy markets
- have the aptitude to apply strategic and commercial logic to secure the Group's key priorities in negotiations
- have the ability to anticipate and engage proactively to find solutions to difficult business challenges
- are able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
Furthermore, you have excellent all-round communication and interpersonal skills, and a fluent command of English. You can combine strategic thinking, effective negotiation skills and strong transactional capabilities. In addition, it's ideal if you have experience of establishing, managing or working within joint venture structures. Finally, you have a positive attitude and are self-motivated and a confident multi-tasker.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.