City of London, London
profit share, bonus, benefits
about 1 year ago
To be considered for this role you should be a UK qualified lawyer, with around 2 years PQE, with excellent academics and training and have a commercial mind-set, as this role will be completely non-legal, working a very interesting and exciting commercial projects. You should be comfortable managing negotiations and be able to stand on your own two feet and have a strong emotional IQ.
Our Client is looking for a talented individual with a background in legal to join their commercial advisory team. You will work closely with the business in the structuring and commercial negotiations which are essential to business growth. You should be curious, intellectually agile and (above all) passionate about the power sector.
This is an excellent opportunity for a lawyer looking to transition from a pure legal role and become more closely embedded in the commercial agenda and trajectory of a business. The company's market leading growth, along with continued ambitious expansion plans, mean that they can also continue to offer employees the progression, development and diverse range of client engagements.
What is the Commercial Advisory Team?
Leveraging their market leading positions in market advisory and capability delivery in the energy sector, they are building a multi-disciplinary team that can help clients from across the value chain to develop new business models, services and contracting models for low carbon technologies in the power sector. In essence, they are looking to address the following client challenges/questions:
- Strategy - What markets, technologies and propositions should I focus on and why?
- Business case development - How do I access that opportunity, what benefits will it deliver and what are the costs?
- Commercial DD - What companies or capabilities should I buy to execute the strategy, and at what price?
- Commercial propositions - How should I structure a differentiated proposition and how do I test and iterate that proposition in the market?
- Partnering/MVP development - How do I partner or build the required capability to deliver the new propositions?
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.