A leading Irish firm is seeking an Associate to manage their pro bono practice and act as co-ordinating fee earning in the Charity Law Group in Dublin.
The Charity Law Group is cross- departmental group with particular experience handling queries from charities and not-for-profit clients and you would be responsible for:
- Assisting in identifying opportunities for the firm to provide meaningful pro bono services, both through existing networks and new relationships.
- Helping to support, coordinate and deliver existing pro bono projects, including by assisting with administration of existing pro bono projects, including rota management and some supervisory casework.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of pro bono policies and management systems.
- Undertaking a pro bono cases load including assisting with, and supervising, legal research, litigation, advice and education.
- Assisting with the provision of the charity law advice aspects and coordinating input from the multi-disciplinary Charity Law Group team in providing advice to charity/ not-for-profit clients.
- Assisting with monitoring and evaluation of pro bono projects.
The successful candidate should have 3 years' experience working in a commercial law firm, a keen interest on pro bono work and An understanding of the legal needs of people who are disadvantaged and organisations who assist them. A knowledge of charity law is desirable but not essential for this opportunity.
For more information, please contact Hamish at email@example.com
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.