about 1 year ago
Would you like to join one of the largest online retail and tech companies?
There is a strong chance you may already even use this company for some of it's services already and they are now looking for a Privacy Counsel join their team. This role reports into the DPO and you will provide SME advise on behalf of the company with external stakeholders and internally as well. This is a fantastic opportunity for Privacy Counsels in a hot industry for privacy. This is an international role.
What they would like you to assist with:
- Working with the DPO as a subject matter expert, to ensure the organisation is compliant with data privacy legislation;
- Encourage a culture of privacy by design when implementing a new project, system or process;
- Assist the DPO in monitoring compliance with GDPR, the UK's Data Protection Act 2018 and other relevant data protection regulations across the global business;
- Carry out Data Protection Impact Assessments with areas of the business to ensure they meet the required obligations;
- Investigate data breaches, collaborate with the Data Protection Champions to identify remedial actions and ensure those are implemented;
- Work with Data Protection Champions to prioritise focus on issues that present higher data protection risks whilst not neglecting monitoring data processing operations that have comparatively lower level of compliance risks;
- Work alongside the Risk Manager and Head of Information Security to ensure that other compliance monitoring activities do not conflict/overlap with the Data Protection Team's core responsibilities
- Maintain and develop data protection policies and procedures that are fit for purpose within all countries where the company has presence
What they are looking for in a candidate:
- Qualified Solicitor/Barrister with 3 years post qualification experience (but this does not preclude applications from those with more or less PQE)
- Ideally will have trained with a leading law firm or well-respected in-house team with a particular focus on data protection and technology
- Excellent academics
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.