You should ideally be at least 5 years PQE, preferably having spent time in-house within a commodities trading environment and have a wealth of experience in oil trading law. The role will be based in London and will focus on supporting the Commercial physical oil/products trading, storage and associated marine operations and UK regulatory compliance.
- Day-to-day support for the operational aspects of physical commodity trading, including shipping, quantity and quality claims, demurrage, non-performance and other contractual issues;
- Term deals for supply and purchase contracts of oil and refined products;
- Structured transactions including financing arrangements and taking security in connection with major offtake deals;
- Trade finance, such as receivables discounting;
- Joint ventures, storage arrangements and new country access;
- Derivatives and structured products; and
- Anti-bribery and corruption, trade sanctions and competition law issues.
- Experience working as commercial lawyer in commodity trading or related fields (such as shipping, energy or finance).
- Strong interpersonal skills - capable of adopting a variety of styles to interact with clients on the trading floor and senior management to achieve the desired result.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as a team player working in a global function.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the creativity to propose different options and build consensus.
- Show integrity, courage and sound ethical judgment.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.