Mega Project - Senior Construction/Projects Lawyer WestConnex - permanent role, secondment to 5 Year Project
Rare and exciting opportunity for an experienced construction and commercial legal specialist with 8 years PQE to join the in-house legal team of an international leader in construction and civil engineering of major infrastructure and energy projects.
Bouygues Construction Australia is part of the Bouygues Construction Group - a global construction and civil engineering company dedicated to sharing innovations to create and deliver some of the world's most ambitious projects across the building, civil and energy & services markets. Active in over 80 countries and with annual sales of AUD17bn, Bouygues Construction employs more than 50,000 staff worldwide.
The Australian business is undergoing a period of exponential growth, following a run of successful PPP, D&C and EPC and O&M tenders in the major transport, renewable energy and building sectors. Bouygues is delivering the NorthConnex, Melbourne Metro and WestConnex projects and a number of large scale solar farms across Australia. Bouygues has also recently acquired A W Edwards, to deepen its building capability in the market.
Who we're looking for
We're looking for an experienced and energetic lawyer with significant experience negotiating and advising projects through set up and into delivery.
Your initial role would be located on the WestConnex M4-M5 Link project, in a commercial office building at Mascot. Bouygues has teamed up in joint venture with Samsung C&T and Lend Lease Engineering to deliver the M4-M5 Link project. That role will report to project Senior Legal Counsel, who sits with the project Steering Committee (with an ongoing functional reporting line to Bouygues GC).
Your professional and personal qualities will ideally include:
- significant front end experience in the Australian market, with 8 years post-admission experience in Australia.
- a calm, approachable, pragmatic and professional manner to draw support and cooperation with JV partner.
- quality experience (in private practice and in house)
- an ability to understand the bigger picture and to prioritise and provide pragmatic and timely legal advice within a complex commercial and operational setting
- clear and persuasive written and spoken communication skills
- advanced negotiation and drafting skills
- an understanding of issues relevant to construction, including construction and engineering processes, WH&S, insurances
Your day to day tasks on the project will involve working closely with the project commercial, procurement and design teams in:
- drafting and negotiating all supply agreements, subcontracts, consultancy agreements and the full range of other supply chain arrangements managed by the legal team
- supporting and advising the commercial team on those supply chain agreements negotiated outside legal.
- developing and delivering training modules for the project procurement, commercial and design teams on head contract obligations and compliance
- addressing stakeholder complaints escalated to the legal team
- managing and advising the project team on environmental, planning and safety issues
- assisting in the preparation of a contract administration manual
To express your interest in this position please contact our exclusive recruitment partner Daniel Hogan at Taylor Root on 02 9236 9000 or email@example.com All direct and third party applications will be forwarded to Taylor Root for consideration.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.