- Play a significant role as part of a growing regional business
- Established property and real estate company with expansion plans for Asia
- Rare opportunity for senior lawyers in private practice to transition into an in-house position
Our client is one of the largest property developers in the region, with an extensive portfolio of residential and commercial properties, and serviced residences.
An opportunity is now available for a senior lawyer to provide legal support for the global businesses.
- Provide legal counsel in real estate, infrastructure and development projects
- Assist in the identification, mitigation and resolution of legal risks and liabilities in real estate, infrastructure and development projects
- Assist in providing legal support on the negotiation and drafting of term sheets, partnership / joint ventures, project financing, construction and operations agreements/contracts, acquisition of land required for the development of real estate projects, mergers, acquisitions, due diligence, financing, funding.
- Provide legal advice and counsel to the business development team and other functional areas involved in the development of such projects.
- Provide legal advice and counsel on legal issues in relation to portfolio companies (incorporated and established).
- Follow up and advise on changes in the local legislation affecting the business.
- To provide general legal advice and provide support in managing day to day operational matters.
- To assist with company secretarial matters.
- Education from a reputable university and professional qualifications to practice as a lawyer in a common law jurisdiction
- 10-15+ years PQE with strong transactions, contracts law skills and drafting experience.
- Comfortable working within a multi-disciplined team, with various stakeholders and across functions.
- Extensive legal knowledge and expertise, specifically real estate and infrastructure law, land acquisition, regulatory framework for corporations;
- Strong written and oral communication in English;
- Understanding of the real estate and infrastructure markets and the contractual framework surrounding related transactions and projects.
- Knowledge of company law and corporate secretarial matters in relation to project and investment companies in the region.
To comply with local laws, our Singapore office EA Licence No is: 17S8475.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.