A great opportunity for a Legal Counsel to join a major property business dedicated to property development and commercial property investment across Australia and New Zealand.
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Legal Counsel to work in a privately held property business in Sydney. You will join a legal team with a vast amount of experience across the commercial property and real estate sector in Australia, reporting directly into the General Counsel in Australia.
A Property Lawyer with a strong background in retail and commercial leasing. You will provide advice and support to relevant senior stakeholders having gained at least 5 years' experience in a property/leasing team in a law firm and ideally subsequent in-house legal experience where you will have been a key point of contact for legal advice on property and leasing matters. You will possess the ability to identify business risk in a variety of commercial situations.
- Drafting, negotiating and finalising lease documentation, accurately reflecting the Group's instruction and protecting the legal and commercial interests of the business.
- Advise and act on behalf of the Group in relation to dispute matters.
- Providing accurate and commercially sound legal advice on general commercial and corporate matters, including bringing attention to legislative changes.
- Effective reporting as required on leasing, tenancy defaults, etc.
- Proactive management of disputes.
- Property experience of retail and commercial leasing in the Australian market with a minimum of 5 years post-admission experience.
- Strong understanding of property law and drive to keep current with developments, especially with regard to legislation, regulations and industry best practices.
- Gives considerable weight to the financial impact of advice and decisions, understanding the industries in which the business operates and providing commercially insightful advice and guidance accordingly.
- A calm, approachable, pragmatic and professional manner.
- Quality experience (in private practice and in house).
- An ability to understand the bigger picture and to prioritise and provide pragmatic and timely legal advice within a complex commercial and operational setting.
- Clear and persuasive written and spoken communication skills.
To express your interest in this position please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Daniel Hogan on 02 9236 9000
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.taylorroot.com.au
Taylor Root is part of the The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD, which is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.