This is a rare opportunity for a mixed contentious/non-contentious employment lawyer to move in-house.
This is a great opportunity for a lawyer with mixed employment law experience, who wants to move in-house to have a broad mixture of work.
Working on a national basis, the successful candidate will be based at the company's Hertfordshire office, reporting to the Group Employment Lawyer and Senior Management. The role is an exciting and rare opportunity to take on a broad and varied caseload across the Group including:
- Providing legal support and advice to the business and HR Department on a variety of contentious and non-contentious employment law matters.
- Taking the lead on employment law disputes, including Employment Tribunal claims, from start to finish.
- Reviewing and drafting employment contracts and related documentation.
- Reviewing and updating key HR policies and procedures.
- Advising on forthcoming changes and developments in employment legislation.
- Reviewing and advising on key employment provisions within commercial contracts.
- Managing external advisors and experts as necessary.
- Providing corporate support as required.
The ideal candidate will be a UK qualified, 1-4 PQE employment solicitor who has dealt with a wealth of contentious and non-contentious employment matters, having trained and worked with leading and reputable private practice firms. Whilst beneficial, prior in-house experience is not essential.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.