Taylor Root are delighted to be working with a leading food manufacturing company with operations across Europe. They are seeking a 1-4 PQE lawyer either from a commercial or corporate background to join as Legal Counsel into their central Birmingham HQ.
The business is one of British business' most compelling success stories over the past few decades, having grown from humble beginnings to have more than 18,000 colleagues supplying an array of food - from pizza to pies, from poultry to pastries, from prepared meals to ranges of soup.
The company has a very strong UK presence; its customers include several household names in addition to producing well known own branded products.
The Role & Opportunity:
In this role you will have the opportunity to join a small but well-formed legal team who act across the business supporting various functions. The culture is positive and progressive - and you will have the opportunity to have a high level of autonomy whilst being supported by an experienced Head of Legal, who you will report into directly.
The work is very diverse and will include:
- Drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial contracts, often with major retailers
- Advising on soft IP issues, as well as Data Protection matters
- Advising on regulatory and compliance issues, given the highly regulated nature of the food sector.
- Managing relationships with external counsel, third parties and regulatory bodies.
- You will be a 1-4 PQE Solicitor or Legal Executive, ideally experienced in either commercial or corporate law
- Strong communication skills
- You can be either from a practice or in-house background, if from a practice background it is important you understand the nature of an in-house role.
- A competitive salary
- 27 days leave plus bank holidays
- A strong benefits package including private medical
- Company bonus scheme
- Hybrid working policy - full time: 2 days in the office and 3 days from home. 4 days: 1 day in the office and 3 from home.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.