- Provide day to day advice on a broad range of labor and employment matters across the EMEA and APAC region, including recruitment, employment contracts, consultation and disciplinary processes, performance management, collective agreement interpretation and application, personnel leasing, terminations, working time, leaves of absence, dismissal claims, and other statutory obligations;
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with business and HR leaders throughout the EMEA and APAC regions;
- Drive good business results from difficult ER situations by successfully managing ER issues, pre-dispute conflicts and assist with managing employment related litigation;
- Draft, review and manage best in class employment templates (such as employment contracts, termination agreements, contractor agreements, employee handbooks and policies) and assist with drafting and negotiation questions, as necessary;
- Review, amend and assist with negotiations on other people related contracts (such as payroll agreements, vendor agreements, agency agreements);
- Draft, review and assist with the implementation global employment and compliance policies and client audits;
- Develop, implement and conduct training on employment policies and programs;
- Partner with representatives of other departments, including human resources, on internal investigations;
- Assist with the development and management of global privacy compliance policies and procedures, working closely with cross-functional partners and the wider legal team when needed and providing proactive guidance on global privacy and data protection laws;
- Advise and oversee all people-related issues arising from local data privacy laws and GDPR obligations, such as DSARs, DPIAs, deletion requests, privacy notices, data processing agreements;
- Apply for, oversee and manage personnel leasing licenses and related queries;
- Assist with the development of country work rules, works councils, labor/management committees, sexual harassment committees and other country specific items, and consultation with employees and/or employee delegates;
- Advise on people related issues in M&A and other business transactions and help oversee and manage post-acquisition mergers;
- Liaise, instruct and oversee external counsel, as required;
- Supervise and manage a junior employment lawyer.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.