We are partnering with a multinational reinsurance business to recruit a legal professional for its growing wordings team based in London.
While the team is seeking somebody with a legal background, this opportunity actually represents something of a move away from a traditional paralegal role.
This position will see you supporting senior members of the wordings team and involve excellent training and hands-on learning while you build relationships with underwriters, brokers and key stakeholders in the wider business.
Although your role is likely to expand and devlop over time, your initial responsibilities will include:
- Conducting contract certainty checks to assist underwriters
- Maintenance of the database of Wordings and Clauses.
- Assisting in the drafting, reviewing and agreement of wordings in respect of aviation, property treaty, direct and facultative insurance and reinsurance and UK and US binding authorities.
- Monitoring of outstanding wordings with internal and external clients.
- Carrying out all aspects of drafting, reviewing and the agreement of contract wordings.
- Keeping up to date with relevant market developments regarding legal, compliance and wording clause related issues.
If you have experience working as a paralegal in an insurance setting or alternatively as a claims negotiator/adjuster and would be interested in a change in focus, this could be an excellent opportunity to transfer your skills to a more commercial setting.
If you are interested to hear more please apply below.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.