A global financial services business is currently looking to recruit a generalist corporate and commercial lawyer to join their group legal function for a 12 month contract on a part time basis (3 or 4 days per week).
Reporting directly to the General Counsel you will be involved in
- Providing advice and leading contract negotiations in relation to large divisional projects or new initiatives (e.g. implementation of a new actuarial modelling platform). Liaising with specialist external advisors where necessary.
- Contract negotiations with professional advisers (e.g. for the finance team for specific projects) and suppliers (e.g. software providers and IT systems support) to the group.
- Assisting HR team on interpreting regulatory requirements and advising on bespoke employment contractual terms or arrangements
- Documenting internal Group arrangements in a proportionate way
- Supporting the DPO on GDPR matters. This may involve liaising with external counsel.
- Attending board meetings and advising on board procedures. Preparing detailed minutes and tracking board actions. Working closely with Assistant Company Secretary, directors and the wider business to prepare board agendas
Ideally you will be a UK or common law qualified lawyer with at least 5 years PQE gained in commercial and or corporate law with an in-house organisation. As this position will interact with the business and stakeholders at all levels including the board, you will ideally also have the ability to build and maintain relationships as well as work autonomously.
For more information or to apply please contact Penny Parker quoting Ref: 1061242PP on 0207 332 9586 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.