about 1 year ago
This is a fantastic Head of Legal opportunity, managing a small team and potential to grow further. The role will be a very transactional focused function, mostly private M&A, joint ventures and some private equity, so it would suit a candidate with excellent corporate law experience, from a top city law firm, ideally around 8-12 years PQE, preferably with some in-house experience and any European language skills would be advantageous too. You will report directly to the General Counsel with a dotted reporting line to the Executive Manager - Europe. You will also work closely with the General Managers in the UK and Spain as well as the European Business Development Team in connection with the execution of the European roll-out.
Oversight, ownership and management of legal processes (both transactional and operational) in the European business.
Supporting business development initiatives in Europe including:
- M&A: deal and strategy management, preparing and negotiating term sheets, overseeing due diligence, negotiating transaction documents and managing completion.
- Greenfields/brownfields: deal structuring, obtaining regulatory consents, negotiating term sheets and other transaction documents.
- Service development: Reviewing and negotiating major contracts, creating the legal framework for new service expansions.
Managing day-to-day legal issues arising in the operating business, including:
- Commercial: various contracts entered into by the business as part of its regular operations, eg, customer contracts (government, insurers and private payors), suppliers and other service providers, NDAs.
- Property: entry into leases, construction contracts, lease extensions and renewals.
- Employment: creating standardised employment contracts for each jurisdiction and ensuring local legal compliance (working closely with the relevant local HR teams).
- Disputes: responding to actual or potential disputes, including negotiating settlements.
- Privacy / data protection: monitoring compliance with local laws and regulations, and strategically planning for growth.
- Regulatory: ensuring appropriate licences are obtained and maintained and developing relationships with key regulators.
Engaging and supervising external legal services providers in order to ensure high quality advice delivered in an efficient and cost sensitive manner.
Identifying areas of long-term strategic development within the legal function, including opportunities to better support the business.
Working cooperatively within a team, exchange information and supporting other members of the Legal team in order to ensure consistent service delivery and ability to step in to cover gaps in other jurisdictions as and when required.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.