The position is Group Risk & Compliance Business Partner. Because of rapid growth the firm can no longer rely on its historical regulatory risk framework and is looking to bring in a talented regulatory business partner to create & implement a more up to date compliance advisory plan. They need to get focused on what really matters - the specialty lines compliance team becoming a trusted adviser to the business; a function which can be trusted by all levels within the business and gives the regulator confidence in what they are doing. Some big projects for 2019 include a deep dive review of current policies & procedures as well as looking at technology and innovation. To pull this off, they need a top-notch compliance officer to support and contribute to building the right type of compliance advisory function and infrastructure to address these challenges.
- Advise the business on compliance related issues arising from compliance reviews
- Maintain awareness of regulatory developments and how these might impact the business
- Attend regulatory business governance meetings providing advice on the development and launch of new products, new business models etc.
- Work with the business to enhance controls and be the "voice" of compliance
- Assist the business with regulatory submissions and filings
- Contribute to the annual compliance plan with regards to prevention and culture
Key Skills & Experience
- Experience of working in the UK insurance sector
- Retail speciality lines of business exposure
- UK regulatory knowledge within the compliance department of an insurance company
- Proven track record of building strong relationships with business leaders
- Knowledge of Financial Promotions, Complaints Handling, Remedial Action, TOBAs, Sanctions
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.