GENERAL COUNSEL, OIL AND GAS, DUBAI
CLIENT: We are working exclusively with a niche oil and gas services company with growing operations across the Middle East. They are currently seeking a new General Counsel to partner closely with the business and aid in the expansion of operations, based from their head office in Dubai.
ROLE: The role will contain a very broad brush mix of day to day responsibilities, covering commercial contracts, compliance, regulatory, potential M&A, external counsel oversight, dispute management and board / company secretarial issues.
CANDIDATE: Ideal candidates will need to be:
- Currently based in the Middle East with significant exposure to the regional market.
- 5+ years' of PQE, preferably western qualified.
- Specific exposure to the oil and gas industry, especially in services, engineering and manufacturing.
- This is not envisaged to be a very senior appointment, so candidates who have previously been in a senior in-house or law firm role above associate are not likely to suit.
- The best fit will be a mid-level 5-8 PQE lawyer looking to step into their first leadership role in a small environment.
- Compensation will be in line with the above PQE guide.
Please note that the jobs advertised here may represent just a selection of all the in-house roles we have running across the Middle East, Turkey and Africa region (and beyond). To have a full overview of all the roles available right now, please visit our constantly updated website at www.taylorroot.com
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.