Our client is Australia's leading independent law firm. They provide exceptional legal services across the full spectrum of matters, including major transactions, projects and significant disputes, offering strategic advice on their clients' most challenging issues.
Our client's expert employment, labour and safety team provides practical, strategic and forward-looking advice to clients on the workplace issues that can arise at every stage of the employment relationship. The team are trusted advisers to major Australian and multinational employers in both the private and public sectors, and also act for Australian labour law regulators and state governments, enabling them to offer clients both commercial legal advice and insight into the latest developments in employment and industrial law.
This team is currently seeking expressions of interest from experienced lawyers who have expertise in general employment, safety or Industrial Relations. The role is available on a flexible basis, either full or part time.
Benefits on offer:
Market leading salaries and career development opportunities on offer. Additionally, the following benefits are offered:
- Flexible working as standard - flexibility is standard business practice and an option for all staff.
- Bonus leave - an additional week of leave each year (5 weeks annual leave in total)
- Generous parental leave entitlements - up to 26 weeks paid leave and pay superannuation on both paid and unpaid leave (up to 12 months)
- Wellbeing program - supporting the wellbeing of all staff across areas including resilience, mental health, mindfulness, personal development, physical health and self-care.
- Diversity and Inclusion - This is a key area of focus for the firm. They set meaningful goals to improve diversity and foster an inclusive culture in which all employees feel supported and valued.
- Responsible business approach - the firm is a member of the United Nations Global Compact, and is committed to promoting and respecting human rights, supporting the Compact's Ten Principles on human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption, and the UN's Sustainable Development Goals. They are also a member of AusLSA, which works to promote and increase sustainable practices across the legal sector.
- Learning and development opportunities - including their Australian-first international study scholarship, our national training program and our mentoring program
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.