about 1 year ago
My client a major UK retail group is seeking a Compliance Counsel to join the global compliance team, within the Legal Department. The Compliance Counsel will sit in London, work with the CCO.
- Assess and advise the business partners on a broad range of compliance and ethics matters, including anticorruption, sanctions, conflicts of interest, and other regulatory inquiries
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to mitigate compliance and ethics risk
- Conduct risk assessments and internal investigations
- Assist in executing training and communication plans to ensure consistent application of compliance and ethics policies
- 4+PQE full-time employment in top-tier law firm or in-house environment (a combination of both is preferred)
- Able to work under pressure, manage multiple projects at once, and meet tight deadlines
- Experience with internal investigations, and policy creation and implementation
- Deep knowledge of FCPA/UK Bribery Act and/or OFAC sanctions.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.