My client, listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and established in 1944, now with over 70 years expertise in its sector is searching for a Data Protection Associate to joins its UK division, with their HQ in Tokyo, Japan.
The successful candidate will be a subject matter expert in Data Protection matters and support the Data Protection Officer to ensure GDPR compliance in the EMEA region as well as other entities outside the EU. You will be responsible for assisting the DPO in designing and implementing a data protection and information security compliance programe across all relevant company entities. You will also deliver training programes to meet the specific needs of business units and help lead the way to imbedding data privacy culture within the company, including implementing relevant ISO 27001 controls and carrying out DPIAs to mitigate risk. You will also have working relationships with the Compliance and Ethics Department, ICT and Legal department.
- Good experience and understanding alongside practical application of GDPR
- Previous experience in a compliance, data protection and/or privacy role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (fluent in spoken & written English) with presentation / negotiation skills.
- Able to communicate effectively across a matrix organisation.
- A degree in law, computer science or relevant to data protection or equivalent
- CIPP(E) preferred
- A second language - advantageous but not required
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.