A leading Insurance Company is looking to appoint a Corporate Legal Counsel in London on a 12-month contract. This is an exciting opportunity to join a market leader and make a valuable contribution to the successful functioning of the legal team.
You will provide day-to-day legal support to the UK and EMEA Corporate functions advising on transactional legal issues, whilst managing legal and regulatory risk. You will also provide legal advice and support on cross-border elements of corporate and outsourcing transactions.
Duties will include:
- Advising on intra-group reorganisations and legal entity rationalisation and liquidation projects.
- Supporting external M&A involving the UK and European businesses.
- Advising and preparing / reviewing documentation on outsourcing transactions
- Supporting the development and review of precedent documents, know-how and guidance, including automation projects
- Legal support including providing necessary corporate legal advice, drafting board papers, minutes and resolutions in relation to dividend payments, capitalisations, AGMs, approval of accounts, director appointments and removals and restructuring transactions.
- Providing day to day legal support as needed to the Treasury, Capital Management, Finance, Risk, Actuarial, Tax and HR teams
You will be a qualified Lawyer with demonstrable Corporate experience. It is essential to be able to demonstrate a pragmatic solutions-based counsel and strong relationship building skills combined with excellent communication skills. Experience of outsourcing and vendor contracting is desirable. You will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, acting with a degree of independence whilst being part of a supportive and collegiate culture. You must have the flexibility and drive to support a multidisciplinary team with a solutions-based attitude.
If the role is of interest, please get in touch!
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.