About the Firm
My client, an international firm, is regarded as one of the Asia-Pacific's leading law firms.
About the Team
Their Funds Management team has been ranked as a Band 1 practice by Chambers for over 5 years, with a reputation for excellence and innovation. The practice is headed by a partner widely considered to be one of Australia's leading managed funds and capital markets lawyers.
The team has a diverse client base which includes leading global fund managers, Australian and international real estate investment groups, local and international pension funds and institutional investors, Big Four banks, private equity firms, super funds, boutique investment houses and other sophisticated local and international corporations. Many of their clients are blue chip entities listed on ASX or overseas exchanges.
The partners are seeking an Associate or Senior Associate level lawyer to join their growing transactional corporate/funds team.
The successful candidate will have access to diverse market-leading work (advisory and transactional) for both listed and unlisted clients, including regulated and unregulated M&A transactions, equity and debt capital markets transactions, fund formation, fund advisory and fund investment. This is a great opportunity for a lawyer to develop, expand and refine their skills and knowledge by gaining experience across a wide spectrum of work as part of a high performing top-tier team. You will also have the opportunity to work collaboratively with other practice groups within the firm due to the nature of the work.
The Ideal Candidate
This is an excellent opportunity for talented Associates and Senior Associates looking to diversify their existing corporate/M&A or funds management experience. My client will consider both general corporate/M&A lawyers with some experience in regulated/funds management work or funds lawyers with experience in regulated work and an interest in a more transactional role.
I am interested in talking to Australian or overseas lawyers with the following:
- at least 3+ years of post-admission experience gained at a reputable law firm or in-house legal role specialising in (i) general corporate/M&A with some experience in regulated/funds management work; or (ii) investment management or funds with experience in regulated work and an interest in a more transactional role
- a client focused approach and a demonstrated ability to form enduring relationships with peers, clients and industry contacts
- a genuine interest in developing your career in the transactional corporate/funds space
- ability to thrive in a highly collaborative open-plan team environment
- energy and enthusiasm and a commitment to excellence
If you are interested in applying for this position or would like to find out more, please contact me for a confidential discussion.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.taylorroot.com.au
Taylor Root is part of The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD, which is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.