New York, USA
about 1 year ago
Our client is a technology start-up who has already received numerous awards and accolades from clients and recently completed a substantial investment round. Headquartered in NYC, they are growing rapidly and now have over 450 employees and global offices.
They are now looking for a Corporate Counsel to assist the Head of Legal on day-to-day legal issues facing the company. You will draft, structure and negotiate customer contracts in support of a fast-moving, global sales organization. You will also provide advice and counsel on a broad range of issues in areas such as privacy, employment matters and intellectual property.
- Review, draft, and negotiate a wide variety of commercial agreements, including SaaS, master services, licensing, marketing and vendor agreements; partner with relevant business stakeholders as necessary
- Assist with employment, privacy, intellectual property, litigation, international and other legal matters
- Prepare and enhance company policies and procedures
- Advise internal teams, including HR, Sales, Product and Marketing teams, on legal matters and provide general corporate and commercial legal advice
- Research and anticipate new and emerging legal issues
- Provide strategic legal advice and counsel on a broad range of legal topics
Desired Skills And Experience
- Juris Doctor from an accredited U.S. law school, and a license to practice law in at least one U.S. jurisdiction
- Minimum 4-8 years of experience practicing law at a law firm or in-house (a combination of both is a plus!) with a focus on general corporate matters
- Experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements, including SaaS agreements
- Business judgment and ability to assess legal risk while providing practical advice
- Experience and/or strong interest in areas such as employment law, data privacy and protection and/or intellectual property
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-paced and demanding work environment
- Thoughtful and persuasive interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
- Enthusiastic team member who enjoys taking ownership of projects, building relationships cross-functionally and working on cutting-edge legal issues
The SR Group (US), Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.