A national law firm headquartered in London, is currently seeking an experienced Conveyancer to join their Guildford office on a permanent basis. Our client is willing to accept profiles of Senior Paralegals, Chartered Legal Executives & Qualified Solicitors as long as the applicant possesses strong end-to-end practical knowledge & experience of handling the residential conveyancing process.
Whilst this role is Guildford based, our client will consider candidates able to work from one of their other regional offices or completely remotely.
The successful Conveyancer will be expected to undertake the following duties:
* Drafting, engrossing and completing leases in a standard form
* Taking instructions from and reporting directly to clients
* Dealing with a variety of counterparties including Local Authorities.
* Working as part of a small team to undertake due diligence in relation to the acquisition of multiple leasehold and freehold properties
* Responsibility for a significant case load whereby the candidate is the first point of contact for clients and counterparties
* Undertaking general conveyancing matters and being familiar with the conveyancing stages and processes
* Exchanging contracts, dealing with completions and having full conduct of transactions
* Investigating title, reviewing searches and property information, raising enquiries and preparing and issuing reports on title.
* Inputting data and reports onto an external case management system and maintaining spreadsheets
* Drafting completion and financial statements
* Preparing and submitting Stamp Duty Land Tax forms on line
* Preparing and submitting Land Registry applications online
* Closing files and account balances
This is not an exhaustive list and our client is keen to interview immediately, so if you are a Solicitor, Legal Executive or Senior Paralegal with extensive Residential Property experience, please get in touch.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.