Our client is a leading international healthcare company with a strong presence in the US market in addition to more than 30 other countries. The Group operates in a global market and has a total employee headcount over 14,000, with revenues over USD$1billion.
We are seeking an experienced Compliance Attorney with 5+ years of compliance experience to join the expanding US business. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of health care law and regulations, as well as a practical business sense and exceptional communication skills.
- Work closely with the senior management to gauge business risk and evaluate potential compliance violation.
- Train and develop compliance tools for key business groups to ensure consistent risk mitigation protocols. As well as review and draft legal documents and provide strategic guidance across a variety of critical areas, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and state privacy laws, corporate practice of medicine, Sunshine Regulations, Medicare and Medicaid conditions of participation and billing, fraud and abuse, compliance program requirements, and other regulatory and enforcement matters
- Have relevant healthcare regulatory and corporate work experience, including prior experience with hospitals, managed care plans, Medicare and Medicaid, and federal and state healthcare regulatory issues
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of fraud and abuse, and reimbursement statutes including licensing, the Stark Law, the Anti-Kickback Statute, HIPAA/HITECH and Medicare/Medicaid
- Have experience drafting and evaluating arrangements involving hospitals, physicians, and other healthcare providers and marketing materials as to navigate state kickback and self-referral prohibitions, fee-splitting, grant provision, corporate practice of medicine, and licensure regulations
- Have experience providing pragmatic business advice and be able to harmonize business needs with legal restrictions in a practical way
- Have experience providing legal support to any compliance investigations and audits
- Have a flexible, hardworking approach with no hesitation to take on tasks outside the specific scope of the job description
- Be mission-driven, results-driven and goal oriented
- Possess the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, have strong written/verbal communication, administrative/organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities
- Have proven ability to work independently and initiate and follow-up actions with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Have a strong degree of professionalism and proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
The candidate must have a J.D. degree from an ABA-approved law school and be an active member in good standing of the Bar.
The candidate should also have a minimum of 5 years of health law experience (whether in-house, government or law firm) and a particular interest and aptitude in regulatory and compliance issues.
The SR Group (US), Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.