COMPLIANCE DIRECTOR, LUXURY HOTEL OPERATOR, DUBAI
We are exclusively retained to represent one of the world's leading and admired luxury hotel operators. They have a global portfolio of hotels and residences, and now seek their first Director, Associate Corporate Counsel and Compliance to be based in Dubai.
ROLE: Reporting to an overseas headquartered SVP, you will head up Compliance across the Middle East and Africa, though may assist with other jurisdictions as well from fantastic offices in Dubai's DIFC. As this is a newly created role (in fact you'll be the only non-headquartered compliance employee worldwide), you will have a strong scope to refine and shape the position to you and your employers strengths. Well supported by peers, as well as outside counsel and advisors, you'll have autonomy, growth and hotels sector work of the highest quality. The successful candidate will be offered a comprehensive expat-style benefits package.
CANDIDATE: There are guideline criteria for the role, and please take the time to read and assess your suitability carefully:
- It is likely that ideal candidates will be qualified lawyers with strong compliance and investigations work.
- A guideline level of experience will be 8+ years.
- You will likely have trained, qualified or have experience from a recognised international standard law firm, or high quality multinational.
- It's essential that you have strong compliance experience across anti-bribery and anti-corruption (ABAC), regulatory, sanctions, competition, privacy, as well as design and implementation.
- Specific in-house hotels work will be highly valued and perceived as an ideal fit, however, exposure to multinationals is also fine.
- French and Arabic language skills are not required for the role, but given the territories covered, may prove useful (though not at the expense of the other criteria).
This is an amazing role, offering the chance to join an incredible brand. Please do get in touch to discuss the role and receive a full job description.
Please note that the jobs advertised here may represent just a selection of all the in-house roles we have running across the Middle East, Turkey and Africa region from our hub office in Dubai. To have a full overview of all the international roles available right now, please visit our constantly updated website at www.taylorroot.com
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.