The role includes the following:
* Ensuring that the investment trust, a premium listed company on the London Stock Exchange, fully complies with the myriad of statutes and regulations that apply to it such as the Market Abuse Regulations.
* Responsibility for all investment trust-related governance and administration, including board meeting governance and administration, director relations and engagement with shareholders and relevant stakeholders such as the external auditor and lawyers
* Arranging independent board effectiveness evaluations and board training when required
* Preparing the investment trust annual and half year report and accounts with input from relevant areas of the business and coordinating the annual general meeting
* Oversight of the services provided by the registrar for the investment trust to ensure service levels are maintained to a high standard and in accordance with relevant statutory requirements. This includes dealing with dividend and interest payments to shareholders
* Engaging with external advisors, as appropriate, on behalf of the investment trust board to negotiate terms of debentures, loan agreements etc
* Ensuring the timely release of RIS announcements, statutory filings and updating of statutory records.
* Overseeing the maintenance of the investment trust's website
* Assisting the Company Secretarial team to ensure ongoing compliance with the UKLA Listing Rules, statutory, corporate, regulatory and internal governance requirements
* Acting as Company Secretary to various subsidiaries which includes the preparation of board papers, drafting minutes and matters arising, and ensuring compliance with local statutory requirements
* Acting as Secretary for various Committees, which includes drafting minutes and matters arising
* Providing guidance to the chairman, non-executive and executive directors of relevant boards on any related statutory developments or industry best practice.
* Overseeing the maintenance of statutory records for relevant entities on Blueprint to ensure the system is kept up to date and accurate
* Supporting the Company Secretarial team in delivering various governance projects, and leading certain technical projects, as required.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.