An exciting opportunity for a talented commercial property lawyer to join the Real Estate team of a world-renowned global TMT company, helping to maintain its reputation as the UK's leading provider of critical network infrastructure.
The building, development and ongoing management of its industry leading converged fixed and mobile networks is dependent in part upon securing and maintaining a cost effective property portfolio. The success of it's mobile network also relies on complex arrangements and partnerships with landowners, joint venture partners, property companies and infrastructure providers and on the statutory and regulatory levers which facilitate the swift and cost-effective rollout of digital infrastructure across the UK.
As a member of the award-winning in-house team, you will have the opportunity to develop your skills in helping deliver these exciting projects, ensuring the company maintains its position as the UK's leader in the deployment of communication services and new technologies.
You'll Have The Following Responsibilities:
- You will negotiate telecoms property agreements for the deployment and/or use of mobile network infrastructure with landowners (both private and public bodies) and infrastructure owners (including other operators), including greenfield, urban, small cell and in-building infrastructure.
- You will support senior members within the team in providing pragmatic, clear and commercially-focussed advice on the property and telecoms aspects of a broad range of mobile network infrastructure arrangements, including large-scale rollout programmes like 5G, the Shared Rural Network and the Emergency Services Network, helping create and implement strategies and processes to ensure the delivery of those programmes on time.
- You will help create and monitor agreement templates, process documents (including governance processes) and training manuals in connection with cell site acquisition.
- You will support senior members within the team in the management of property litigation in conjunction with Technology and Finance stakeholders, working with external suppliers where necessary. You will help ensure adherence to internal governance processes.
- You will work effectively with other members of the Legal team and the panel of external advisers, managing the engagement with law-firms within budget.
- You will provide clear and concise briefings (verbal and written) on telecoms property matters to internal stakeholders (including business unit leadership teams), the Legal Director (Property, Infrastructure and Environment) and the General Counsel, Technology.
You'll Have The Following Skills & Experience
- Excellent drafting skills (in particular property leases) and written and verbal communication skills.
- 2-6+ years post-qualification experience
- An understanding of the Electronic Communications Code
- A good commercial awareness with an understanding of the value drivers for a business like BT.
- Comfortable managing and influencing business stakeholders in the delivery of projects.
- Ability to manage a volume caseload with effective prioritisation, to work at pace to meet demanding timescales.
- In-house experience within the telecoms sector is ideal but not essential.
- Litigation experience (ideally in connection with the Electronic Communications Code or other similar legislation across other industries)
If this is of interest and you would like further details and/or would like to submit your CV, please get in touch ASAP.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.