GENERAL COUNSEL, BROAD COMMERCIAL ROLE, ABU DHABI
SUMMARY: This role is one of the most unusual General Counsel opportunities available in the market, in a niche sector which would open up a very different career path direction for most lawyers. It's an exciting opportunity allowing you to grow a team, and make a difference.
CLIENT: We have been retained exclusively to work with a very prestigious US entity, who are looking for a new appointment to lead their current legal and compliance team in Abu Dhabi.
ROLE: You will be required to pick up a wide variety of work across general commercial, technology, IP, employment, regulatory and compliance. The role will be extremely hands on and involve very close contact with the commercial side of the business. You will also work closely with the US based Global General Counsel, but have a large degree of autonomy on day to day matters.
CANDIDATE: There are some strongly desirable criteria for the role:
- US higher education or qualification not mandatory, but preferred.
- Strong experience of general commercial contracts will also be important.
- Exposure to technology, IP, employment, regulatory and compliance all desired.
- An understanding of specific US compliance and regulatory issues will also be a big advantage.
- Current or previous Middle East experience would be ideal.
- Strong cultural understanding and C-suite stakeholder management experience.
- Expected to be around 10+ years' PQE.
- Arabic is useful but not essential.
Please do get in touch for a job description and conversation around the role.
Please note that the jobs advertised here may represent just a selection of all the in-house roles we have running across the Middle East, Turkey and Africa region from our hub office in Dubai. To have a full overview of all the international roles available right now, please visit our constantly updated website at www.taylorroot.com.
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.