- We are looking for Associates with an interest in regulatory issues for financial institutions, as well as the broader financial services sector to join our London office. You should have strong academic credentials as well as a natural inclination to proactively create solutions for our clients, often within an environment where laws are still being developed.
- Hard working and attentive to detail, you will be able to anticipate client needs and develop constructive strategies for them, based on solid commercial insight and an astute understanding of clients' long-term business needs. Genuinely interested in our sector, you will stay abreast of current events and regulatory changes across multiple jurisdictions, in order to give most up to date advice in a fast-moving environment.
- From your first day, you will be encouraged to speak up and interact confidently and professionally with partners and clients. In particular, working closely with government regulators, you will demonstrate sensitivity and endeavor to co-create solutions that satisfy all parties.
- You will take full ownership of your work and demonstrate responsibility and accountability. In return, you can expect to develop your skills rapidly, and work with our renowned lawyers on precedent-setting matters. You will ready for the challenges of working in a global law firm, and passionate about working within our close-knit team.
Our Practice Area
- The Financial Services Advisory Group helps companies and financial institutions anticipate and strategically adapt to serve their best needs within multiple regulatory environments. Throughout the industry, our team is renowned for groundbreaking work, particularly in areas of increasing importance such as cybersecurity and artificial intelligence. Working within a framework that spans centuries-old laws and the frontiers of rapidly evolving regulations, we work with clients that range from the world's largest banks to small FinTech startups firms.
- Our caseload is a stimulating mix of small and large client matters, as well as internal referrals and cross-Firm projects. There is a high volume of one-off and smaller projects, as well as those which are longer term. As a small Group, we value our constructive working relationships. We are proud to play our part in creating an enjoyable workplace, and share a commitment to both the continued success of the Group, as well as supporting individual achievements and development.
- As an Associate, you will feel comfortable dealing with multiple matters simultaneously, and can expect client contact from the start. Interacting with government regulators as well as start-up founders, you will understand the varying needs of all stakeholders when providing advice. Working with colleagues from across the Firm, you will have deep understanding of the regulatory environment of your own office, whilst also displaying an understanding of the realities of matters spanning multiple jurisdictions and legal systems.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.