The successful candidate will ideally be equipped with following skills and experience:
- An excellent academic record in addition to 1-3 years' post-qualification experience (whether private practice or in-house). Secondment experience in an in-house environment is preferred but not essential for those still in private practice.
- Hands-on experience in corporate transactional work, including but not limited to venture capital and private equity investments and mergers and acquisitions.
- Experience dealing in particular with EIS and VCT qualifying investments is desirable.
The Associate Legal Counsel will be responsible for the following:
- Prepare and negotiate heads of agreement, investment agreements, articles of association, board minutes, shareholder resolutions and other documents relevant to investment deals made by Mercia investment teams;
- Prepare and negotiate loan documentation and associated security documents;
- Provide advice to the investment and debt teams in connection with the enforcement of investment rights and security;
- Provide detailed legal advice in relation to corporate governance and corporate finance;
- Provide high level advice in relation to insolvency, intellectual property, commercial agreements, data protection and employment matters;
- Instruct external legal counsel as appropriate and manage matters that have been outsourced;
- Deal with Companies House filings;
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of internal legal training.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.