Banking & Financial Services Asia | Salary & Market Report 2019-20
We are delighted to present Taylor Root’s Banking & Financial Services market update and salary guide for Asia, 2019-2020.
The findings offer valuable insights into the hiring trends and salary fluctuations in the in-house legal market across Asia.
Some highlights from this year's report include:
- The market for general banking lawyers remains subdued largely due to the stability of teams and the availability of law firm secondees, however many organisations are increasingly receptive to considering and
relocating lawyers from their overseas offices
- Headcount within legal is traditionally stable compared to other banking and financial services sector institutions
- The investment banks in Asia have seen a slow start to 2019, which has been reflected in hiring levels in legal.
- The financial technology (fintech) sector has been a significant driver of Asia economies as it resonates greatly with a tech-savvy generation that believes in innovation and development to improve the delivery of financial services to consumers.
- Many firms in the Asset Management & Private Equity sectors are focused on hiring junior to mid-level lawyers with a corporate or authorised funds background.
You can download the full guide by completing your details on the form on this page.